October 23, 2009

Costume and Curling

My sister Jen came over Wednesday to finish up her costume. I'm happy to say that it's most definitely done. It went from the pile of fabric and ribbon to this:


Very Greek. Not quite the idea that she had originally come to me with, but much easier to move and work in. It was mostly a couple straight seams for the edges and some fraycheck for the gold drapey bit.

The rings, however, were a bit fiddly. They're attached by little pieces of ribbon to both the front and back pieces. The first edge attachment wasn't so bad, but it got more interesting when attaching them to the other piece. Organizing and moving two sheets while trying to sew in a square was rather awkward. They turned out great though! See?


I tried to finish up her fingerless mitts in time to send them off with her, but I ran into a rather serious problem with them. Can you see it?


Everything looks fine, but I grabbed smaller needles for the second one on the right. Unfortunately it's made a rather significant difference and I can't even pull it on all the way. It's been ripped and restarted and I'm about halfway through the first ribbing section again. They won't get much love this weekend, though, because the cables disqualify them from being travel knitting.

Yup, travel. I'm heading up to Canada for a curling bonspiel. It should be so much fun! It'll be my first time curling on canadian ice, which I hear is quite a treat. I'll try and remember to take some pictures...

1 comment:

  1. Have fun in Canada! and wave at me as you go by. :D

    Beth

    ReplyDelete