June 30, 2010

Socks and Singles

I've been delayed by a cursed internet outage, but I still have time to squeak in a post. I've finished some socks! Well, they still need washing, but I don't want to wait to show them off.


Pattern: Rosebud Socks from 'Toe-up Socks for Everybody' by Wendy Johnson.
Yarn: Pagewood Farm Yukon in Plum. Superwash Merino, Bamboo, Nylon (70,20,10)
For: Mom.

These were my in the pit knitting for The King and I. Only after getting invested in them did I realize that dark purple was not the easiest color to see in a dark pit. They were knit mostly before we started and at intermission, though I was able to sneak in two rounds during the death scene at the end. (All I can say is "Die already!").

I love how intricate they look! They really weren't hard, though, just some yarn overs, decreases and twisted stitches. But all together, the look is super sleek and fancy. Love love love!

Tiptoeing through the lavender:

Even though Mom loves purple, she's requested different colors for future socks. When quizzed, she wants "gray, navy blue and black. Oh and maybe some dark green." Bah Humbug! Those are about the only colors that James will wear! *Sigh* No bright cheerful socks for me for awhile.

I did manage to stick to my guns and spin yesterday. I started with the fiber least interesting to me. I also decided to speed it up by trying to spin thicker. I managed it, but it's not super even. Hopefully plying it will help smooth out the inconsistencies.


At the moment I'm trying to get in some much needed yard work. I need to get back to it quick or I might lose what little motivation I have. I'll tell you how I'm bribing myself some other time ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment