July 1, 2010

Yard work

I spent the morning doing errands today. I have to say, summer really makes it annoying to try and go anywhere. Way too many people out and about, getting in the way. Maybe it's just that this weekend is a holiday, but I've noticed it when there's nary a holiday in sight. *Sigh* Oh- and nothing better than a bunch of whiny kids after story time at the library to make you not want to reproduce!

Of course, it just might be the bit of a bad mood I've found myself in this week. I know why, but now I just need to get through it. Try and stay calm, that sort of thing. I'm actually surprised that I've been doing as well as I have getting things done and keeping up with blogging. It often goes in cycles, rather brilliantly illustrated here. Now I'll just wait for the crash...

I spent some time yesterday afternoon working in the yard. That doesn't sound so bad, but I seriously dislike weeding! I'm finally feeling like the front yard is mostly under control. Finally. Unfortunately a large chunk of the back is a jungle. With blackberries. Arg.

Here's what it looked like when I started yesterday:


And after I finished. Not perfect, but SO much better!


We really need to spread some new bark here soon too. I would hope that it would help with the weeds, but I'm not sure. It hasn't seemed to deter them in the past. I'll wait to show you the jungle that is the backyard until I've done some work and can prove I've made it better. Gotta be a little nice to the ego.

Now I'm going to go curl up with a book and try to avoid people for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Nice weeding. I've tackled Todd's flower beds several times, with similar results. I actually like weeding though. I like seeing the end result of your hard work, getting dirty, and knowing that you're really WORKING rather than sitting on your but like I am now.

    I'm sorry you are in a bad mood. I have been all week too, and it keeps getting worse. I try to be happy, but it's been really difficult. I LOVED the link you...well, linked. :) The pictures were hilarious.

    I'm off for a few moments of peace and quiet before I have to go and act all pleasant and happy again. :P

    Beth

    ReplyDelete