August 27, 2009

Current travel/boring meeting project

Yesterday was a rather interesting day. Work like normal but James disappeared around lunch time with his boss. (Side note: We work together with my cube across from his office. It's never been an issue). Three hours later I get a text that they're at the bar, been drinking since lunch. Around quitting time, I was invited to join them. I was a little worried it was bad news that precipitated this, but actually the opposite. Both of them were quite drunk and very amusing to listen to. I also got an opportunity to do my first official bar knitting.

This project started when I bought this Handmaiden Sea Silk on my honeymoon. James was agreeable to yarn store visits and I took him up on it :).


I did some ravelry research and decided I'd use it for a Clapotis. Such a popular pattern, but I haven't made it before. After I finished my last travel project that I keep in my bag, I decided this would work well.

Here's where I was this morning:


I dropped my first stitch yesterday. Woohoo!


I'm a few rows farther after some boring meeting knitting this morning. I think the meetings are more enjoyable for me than anyone else on the team because I knit through them. Luckily they let me, helps keep me sane. James always jokes that he'll bring in some soldering for the meetings.

We'll see how long it takes to finish. The only dedicated time this will get is about an hour on Thursdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment