August 31, 2009

The knitting moves on

The vest is sitting until I can find buttons and figure out how to steam it. I had just barely started the Bohus-Inspired Sweater from Knit So Fine when I got distracted by the vest. Though I was sorely tempted to start something else, I decided to pick it back up.

Here's where it was:

I realized when I wrote it up on ravelry that I had forgotten to increase before the turn row, so I tinked back and added an increase row. I wasn't brave enough to frog it since this is knit using two strands held together. I had thought it would be a huge pile of crinkly yarn, but it wasn't nearly as big as I was expecting it to be.


Since I was redoing it anyway, I figured I'd try different turn row that I heard about somewhere ages ago. Instead of purling, I k2tog, yo across. It gives it a quite dashing picot type edge.


We'll see how long I last before I give in and start something new and more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment