July 6, 2010

Spinning Progress

This past weekend was a whirlwind of G&S rehearsals and family fun. Sunday afternoon and evening were spent at my parents' house. There was yummy barbecue, rock band and fireworks. A very enjoyable way to spend a holiday. Last night was our first dress rehearsal for the run. It was nice to be able to put scenes and costumes to the music. So fantastic!

I haven't spun as much as I would have like to, but I've made some decent progress. I finished singles of the 'Kentucky Derby' colorway. Definitely spun thicker than the first 4oz. (Two bobbins on the right, then on the left).



I've also gotten most of the way through the first 4oz of 'Rubber Grapes'. This is the softest, nicest fiber to spin! I really hope I'm not overspinning it because I'd love to keep that softness.


I'd better spend the rest of the week plying to free up some bobbins. I'm going to need them this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment