September 2, 2009

Ah, motivation

Nothing like posting a long neglected task to give me the motivation to finish it.


120 Square in square blocks sewn, but untrimmed. It only took about 40 minutes to put the yellow triangle on all of them and about the same amount of time to press and cut them apart.

I went stash diving last week looking for US4 circs and came across two old projects. I pulled them out, hoping to finish one and at least take pictures of the other before stuffing it back in a dark corner.

These are James socks that were just waiting for a toe to be sewn up and a couple ends woven in. Easiest finished project ever!


They're just simple socks knit over (* insert quick ravelry check here*) 72 stitches on 2.5mm dpns with k3p1 ribbing and a short row heel. Yarn is Lana Grossa Meilenweit 100g Uni/Solid, 7008 colorway.

I always see these cool lace or cable sock patterns that look like a blast to knit, but James prefers simple basic socks. Me? Well... I tend to be hard on socks, plus I don't like long legs. I am intrigued by being able to make a custom toe, since I dislike mixing left and right socks, but that's not enough to make up for the other issues. I think I need to find someone else to knit socks for...

Speaking of socks, the other project I pulled out were Lost socks.


The yarn is super pretty blue/green/gray called 4-8-15-16-23-42 by Yarntini. My friend Emily got James and I good and addicted to Lost, so I couldn't pass this up when I found it. I just don't think the pattern is quite right. I'll have to do some research and maybe find a better one. I hope these will become more appetizing when the show comes back this fall. Wait... early 2010? Really? Whatever happened to normal tv schedules?

No comments:

Post a Comment