September 10, 2009

Crinkly yarn

I was so excited to be able to show off my doily on a circular needle with the pattern visible! Instead, you get crinkly yarn. Sigh.


I was on the last repeat of the last pattern round of the second repeat of the second chart (got that?) when I actually took a moment to count and look at the pattern. Turns out I had a vertical row of m3's that shouldn't be there. I tried dropping it down and taking them out, but there was WAY too much extra yarn because of an extra 10 stitches or so that were there. Ribbit.

It was rather time consuming and annoying wrangling all the tiny stitches, but I feel much better about it. I found that I was missing 2 yarn overs, so I had actually increased 12 too many stitches. That'll teach me not to mark pattern repeats. I figured that with just two on each needle it would be easy to keep track of. *Ahem* Yeah, not so much.

It also made me realize that my stitch markers are much too big for this project. I think I'll have to swing by the bead store on my way home and see what I can find. Fancy new stitch markers! Oh boy! If I can find my bead pliers, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment