September 11, 2009

Stitch markers

I headed out to the bead store last night so I could make some stitch markers. Man, I could have made so many different kinds! I decided to keep it simple though, making a dozen, with two that were different.


My major requirement was to make sure they opened-- I've become very attached to my little plastic pad locks. I couldn't quite find the clasps I wanted, so I used closing earring loops instead. They seem to be working fine so far. And I really like them! It feels good to be able to put random craft skills to use.

Here they are being used on my doily of doom. Well, not really doom, but ... okay, maybe doom.


For reference, that's a 16in circular. I need to do at least one more pattern repeat and maybe even more than that. I counted my stitches and I'm at over 300 in a round. Sheesh, I feel like I'm knitting a shawl in miniature.

No comments:

Post a Comment