September 8, 2009

Fun but busy

Friday night Bill showed up at our doorstep around 10:30, so there was scotch and rock band all around. I watched, so that I could finish sewing down the binding on my mom's quilt and weaving in ends on Beth's shawl. I was actually ahead of where I thought I would be and finished them in plenty of time.

Saturday was my parent's housewarming. I gave mom her purple and bright green quilt, though I should probably still make a label for it.


Beth was also there, so I was finally able to give her her shawl.



Unfortunately, one of my parents cats (probably the one you can see in the window above) decided to run a little wild through the house with it. He managed to pull on a single thread and tighten all the surrounding stitches. Luckily nothing was broken, but I had to take it home for some fiddly work.


Besides the gifts, there was lots of badminton (wow, I'm still sore...) and visiting. My aunt Jan came up from northern California, so it was great to be able to see her. My other aunt and uncle were also there. With family, there was of course the obligatory group photo.


I'm rather impressed that no one has their eyes closed or is making a funny face. (I'm wearing a light blue shirt. )

James and I tried to stay up to see Bill get back from his conference, but I only made it till about one in the morning before I crashed. Turns out he didn't get back until 2:30! Gamers apparently are hardcore. We took him out to lunch Sunday before saying goodbye and I showed good blogger instincts and reached for my camera. Alas, the case was empty. I need to learn to put it away after taking project pictures. I'll get you next time, Bill! (Doesn't work so well without a two syllable name...)

Monday was supposed to be laid back, but a last minute call to help haul junk out of the storage unit (in the pouring rain!) stifled that idea. A little more badminton and the weekend was a wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment